2017 Conservatory Dance
June 26-July 14
*No class during the July 4th holiday
Build your repertoire! For advanced dancers looking to strengthen technical base while learning in sessions on hip-hop, choreo, injury prevention, dance for camera, improv and more.
Modeled after our undergraduate dancer's curriculum, advanced dancers will participate in sessions on the School's three focused areas of study: ballet, jazz and modern. However, we do believe in developing holistic dancers, so additional studio and classroom-based sessions will be offered such as hip hop, dance for camera, health and wellness, improv and more. The Academy will end with a final showcase for family and friends (more details to be shared).
There will be no auditions for acceptance into the program, but we do ask that students submit a video and personal statement. These materials are reviewed by our instructors to get a better understanding of every individual's levels and goals in order to properly structure their lesson plans to meet the students' needs.
Please note that the deadline to register for the Overnight option is May 22, 2017. The Overnight option is available based on enrollment. For more information, visit our Overnights page.
Scholarships and Financial Aid are available!
Please ensure that you have thoroughly reviewed the Student Handbook regarding all important information and policies for the Summer Academies in the Arts.
Waivers and Forms
All participants are required to download, read, print, sign and return the following forms prior to the first day of your Academy (to download, right click and save as):
- University Waiver - Commuter or Overnight
- Photo Release
- Code of Conduct (page 29 of the Student Handbook)
- Overnight Agreement, if applicable (page 30 of the Student Handbook)
Failure to do so will result in the student not being allowed to participate in the program until all missing forms are signed and returned. Fees for missed classes will not be refunded.
Auditions and Personal Statements
Submission of an audition video and personal statement is required with your registration.
- Audition video must be no more than three (3) minutes in length and must demonstrate your ability in at least one of the following styles: Ballet, Jazz, Modern. No in-person auditions will be taking place. MOV or MP4 files only.
- Personal Statement must be no more than one (1) page in length and should speak to your goals as a dancer, what you hope to gain from this intensive, why dance is important to you, etc. Word or PDF files only.
- All supplemental materials should be uploaded to a secure, file-sharing website (Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, etc.). A link to these files should be copied and pasted into the appropriate sections on the registration page. Please note that you will not be able to complete the online registration unless you have all these materials prepared. An email confirming your registration will be sent to you as a copy for your records.
All Academies and dates are subject to change without notice.